We’re consumer advocates disrupting the legal funding industry.
That began with us making our pre-settlement funding more fair and affordable.
What is Express Legal Funding?
Express Legal Funding is a Plano, Texas based pre-settlement funding company that provides money to injured and damaged plaintiffs throughout the claim and lawsuit process. Clients use legal funding to pay for sudden bills and the cost of living.
Plaintiffs in personal injury cases often need to obtain lawsuit funding due to loss of income, as they are too injured to work or need to replace a car lost in the accident. The funded money can be used for any lawful purpose, except to pay for the case’s expenses or retain the case’s attorney.
Why is Express Legal Funding the Best Company for You?
It’s simple. It starts with us not being like other legal funding companies. Let them try and prove us wrong. This is our “not a secret, secret” on how we make the best pre-settlement cash advances for plaintiffs. Learn more about us and our transparent company info below:
What Makes Our Lower Cost Pre-settlement Funding Better?
2. Low Rates Instead of Fees
- We have a single underwriting fee that caps at $100. No interest applied to it, ever.
- We charge you nothing for delivery no matter how you get funded.
- We don’t work with brokers or broker companies, so you will never pay costly broker fees with us.
- We don’t charge unfair repeating simple interest six-month fees. So you will never pay a year for 181 days. Even though other funders say, that’s standard practice.
- We never unfairly take money off the top to pay for delivery costs and fees. Get the funded amount you are paying.
3. More Transparent Lawsuit Funding Company
- We are members of the Alliance for Responsible Consumer Legal Funding (ARC Legal Funding).
- We follow the ARC list of Industry Best Practices. Ask us how.
- We make our consumer legal funding agreements transparent. We show you the amount owed to us and when on three separate pages.
- We are the lawsuit funding company we say we are. Meaning another corporation’s underwriters do not own Express Legal Funding nor direct us to who or where we can provide our funding.
4. Attorneys and Law Firms
- We make sure your law firm knows of your legal funding request before getting your signed contract—no surprises.
- We never ask for medical records or case documents from you or your attorney. Other lawsuit funding companies do, and some may even sell them.
5. Truthful and Honest Advertising: Better Legal Funding
- We don’t make claims and guarantees that we can’t legitimately guarantee.
- We won’t claim “our lawsuit funding is the lowest interest rate in the industry guaranteed” because of all the creative and misleading ways companies charge.
- We won’t claim “Qualify for funding in 24 hours” or “Get approved for lawsuit funding in 24 hours or less.”
- We won’t advertise “same day pre-settlement loans” or “same day pre-settlement funding” as those are misleading claims.
- We won’t falsely “tell you to want to hear” to convince you to choose us over another pre-settlement funding company. We lose clients all the time that way, as other companies don’t.
The Express Legal Funding Origin Story
Express Legal Funding was founded in Lubbock, Texas, on January 19, 2015. There was not a local lawsuit funding company. So the idea was to create a local company and create new job opportunities in Texas. Plus, as a local lawsuit funding company, we could give in-person legal funding to our clients faster.
We Give Back to Our Community
We are sponsors of the Kids’ Chance of Missouri golf tournament.
Who is the Company Leadership at Express Legal Funding?
Chief Operations Officer
- Southern Methodist University (SMU) in Dallas, TX
- BFA major in Journalism, summa cum laude
- President, Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority
- Systems programmer/analyst at ARCO International Oil and Gas Co. in Dallas, TX
- Graphic designer at Copy Craft Printers in Lubbock, Texas
- Helped develop a Texas based consumer finance company
Community Volunteer Work
- A long time volunteer for a community nonprofit for woman
Take one step in the right direction.
Kimberly D. Annello
In House Counsel and Head of Funding
- Kim is licensed to practice law in Illinois.
- Kim is licensed to practice law in Texas.
Law Firm and Legal Experience
- Kim is an expert litigation attorney whose cases include successful multi-million dollar outcomes for her clients.
- Kim spent over 20 years as an attorney at top national and international law firms
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP in Dallas, TX & Chicago, IL
- Altheimer & Gray in Chicago, IL
- Exall + Wood PLLC in Dallas, Texas
- Underwoods Perkins, P.C. in Dallas, Texas
Commercial Real Estate and Portfolio
- Mastro Management, LLC
- Miami University in Oxford, Ohio
- B.A. Economics, magna cum laude
- President, Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude
- Case Western Reserve Law Review, Editorial Board.
- National Moot Court Team
- Co-Author, “Forum Alternatives for Purchase Price Adjustment Disputes,” ABA Commercial & Business Litigation newsletter, August 16, 2012.
- Co-author, “‘Prime’ Shopping Center Real Estate: Exclusive Use Restrictions in an E-Commerce World”, ABA Real Estate Litigation and Condemnation Journal, expected publication March 2018.
Aaron R. Winston
Financial Industry Experience
- More than ten years of experience in the consumer finance sector
- Acted as a consultant to a top financial advisory firm, which manages $400+ Million USD in client assets with a focus on:
- Firm technology
- Brand identity
History at Express Legal Funding
- Successfully launched multiple branding initiatives.
- Reduced company spending and increased company output
- Consumer rights advocate inside and outside the pre-settlement funding industry.
- Lawsuit funding industry thought leader
- Conservative pre-settlement funding underwriter
Pre-settlement Funding SEO
- Expert legal funding SEO and copywriter
- Industry innovator that continues to develop new legal funding SEO concepts
- Has a creative mastery of SEO that extends to multi-industry copywriting.
- A dark horse
- Aaron has written more than 40 unique works about pre-settlement funding and civil lawsuits including:
Business Skill Accreditations
- Ranked in the top 5% – SEO Assessment on LinkedIn
- Ranked in the top 15% – Google Ad Assessment on LinkedIn
If we don’t advocate for the legal funding consumer, who will?